Monday, June 4, 2012

Teacher Gift

 Well, here is a look at the gifts that Ms. Pietsch and Ms. Vine will be receiving. 

It all started with the 31 All in One Organizer bags.  My image was for the teachers to be able to tote papers to be graded, projects that needed to be worked on, etc.  So, that is why I included the items in the picture below.  I absolutely love the new Simple Stories line "Summer Fresh".  I used the patterned Chevron paper from that line along with the coordinating Stickers.  I picked up the pencils at Michaels in the clearance rack for .10 cents.
 This picture shows a close up of the notepad journal that I made.  I used one piece of 12x12 CTMH Cranberry cardstock.  I cut 2 pieces and scored them just big enough to fit the small notepads that I picked up from Wal-Mart.  I used liquid glass to adhere the notepad onto the cardstock inside.  The ribbon closure is held in place with a small piece of velcro.  I cut a small banner from Colonial White Cardstock using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  Then I added a few coordinating stickers from the Summer Fresh sticker sheet.  In order to make 2 sets of everything you see above, I only used one piece of the Chevron patterned paper, a few Kraft Scraps from My Mind's Eye, 1 piece of Cranberry CTMH Cardstock, 4 file folders, a couple pieces of CTMH ribbon and backless brads, and the coordinating stickers from Simple Stories.  High impact with the teacher notepad set, but not a ton of cost.  The major cost of the gift was the frame that I used for the memo board and the 31 All in One organization bag.  I hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting them together.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What darling teachers gifts. I bet they loved them!

Josie (Joanne Barnes) said...

I just retired after teaching for 30 years. I would have loved this. One can only use so many coffee cups. ;-)